66.6° F

July 2018

GREENWOOD TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING MINUTES

JULY 10, 2018                                                     6:30 PM

Chair Ralston calls meeting to order

Pledge of Allegiance

Roll call: Chair Ralston, Vice chair Deluca, P Skubic, L Tahija, B Beihoffer, Treasurer Rodgers, Clerk Drobac

Please turn off all cell phones and pagers. This meeting is being recorded for transcription and archival purposes.

Motion: Beihoffer\Skubic to approve June minutes                           Passed 5/0

Motion: Deluca\Tahija to approve June special meeting minutes                Passed 5/0

Motion: Beihoffer\Tahija to approve Board of Appeal and Equalization minutes   Passed 5/0

Treasurer Report: Checking-$174,714.03     Long Term Investments-$251,651.27    Savings-$228,715.29   Total: $655,080.59

Motion: Deluca\Skubic to approve the Treasurer report                                  Passed 5/0

Claims presented

Motion: Tahija\Beihoffer to approve Claims presented                                   Passed 5/0

PUBLIC COMMENT: Ruth Deluca commented about herself not being chosen for an election judge.    Mary Richard said thank you to those who cleaned up around the cannisters. We should not have them. She has checked with other towns that have pavilions –they do not have water for the public. She has heard rumors about the well at the pavilion as a done deal. Also, the skating rink has been done for years—by the fire dept. -why not the help now? John Bassing 1. False and misleading statements -which fire department members went into the building at Fortune Bay question. He has researched the fire scene data, and the information says no one from Greenwood went interior. The lack of an answer suggests the false and misleading policy is a double standard holding to the public, but not to the board and employees.  Also, the well at the pavilion regarding the 2015 community survey said no further development of recreation facilities at Greenwood and as stated by the GCRB chair stated no water is needed at the pavilion. Why not use the fire dept. to help?            JoAnn Bassing questioned about other ways to get water to the pavilion==boosting pressure?                            Rick Stoehr read comments regarding the board getting advice from the township attorney and then ignoring his advice. Also, commented on the election recounts, the negligent hiring, and the grievance by Jeff Maus. Many of these things resulting in the township’s loss of Errors and Omissions insurance.                            Steve Rodgers encouraged the board to move the cannisters.  If a helicopter needed to land, the debris at cannister site could cause an accident.               Jim Galonski – progress is good- playground is being used, and parents are grateful.                Jeff Maus talked about false and misleading statements- comments from public need to have backup- should apply to board also. Comments made by omission are just as offensive as an outright falsity. Questions to Ralston regarding flooding the skating rink. Ralston talked about anyone working to flood the rink would be good.

CORRESPONDENCE- E-Mail from Lee Peterson regarding cannister site problem. Letter from Barb Lofquist regarding Jeff Maus grievance, questions training for interior firefighting, questions the recreation board not following the survey sent. SLC BOA for Boomer variance. SLC Focus Group meeting date set. SLC decision for Boomer, Chris Gunderson for Jeffrey Brown and Katherine Sill. Invitation to WC Heim celebration. Lake Country capital credit allocation of $486.16.

OLD BUSINESS

Public comment question- inventory completion date? —Fire Dept has given preliminary listing of inventory to Mike Ralston – needs additional information

Public comment question-names of ff that went into the building at the Fortune Bay fire? – Ralston tells John Bassing to ask the fire dept

Pavilion well – quotes received from Kolstad Olsen Well drilling – discussion will continue at next month’s meeting

Motion: Ralston\Deluca to add PO procedure – have a quote signed and returned with stamp of approval for the vendor                                 Passed 5/0

Security cameras at cannister site- Ralston states cameras will not solve the problem. Decision to send a letter with questions regarding options for cannisters to SLC – David Fink, Mark St Lawrence, and Tom Rukavina

Skating rink-Ralston would like to have dirt brought in to level the area for the skating rink. Supervisors will look into it. Beihoffer talked about putting up a fence.

Motion: Beihoffer\Tahija to approve Ferrellgas for Propane quote of $1.189 up to 5000 gals.                         Passed 5/0

NEW BUSINESS

Kitchen hood cleaning- will discuss next month

Motion: Deluca\Tahija to approve transfer $2,000.00 from checking to the Greenwood Trail Fund     Passed 5/0

Motion: Skubic\Tahija to approve Resolution #18-62 designating annual polling place as Greenwood Town Hall 3000 County Rd 77   Tower MN 55790                Passed 5/0

Motion: Tahija to appoint election judges—Mary Richard, Kathy Vogh, Kathy Lovgren, Colleen Lepper, Julie Stoehr, Joan Mueller, Carol Maus, Beverly Peterson, Sue Drobac, Ruth Deluca-alternate No second

Motion: Ralston\Skubic to appoint election judges—Mary Richard, Kathy Vogh, Kathy Lovgren, Colleen Lepper, Julie Stoehr, Joan Mueller, Carol Maus, Beverly Peterson, Sue Drobac, Ruth Deluca              Passed 4/0 Deluca abstain

Reports: Supervisors: Deluca-911- 7 signs made, 3 emergency lights repaired.      Skubic-thanks to all who worked on the Greenwood float.  Tahija-attended the Ambulance meeting. They are continuing to look at acquiring a new ambulance. Also, the monies collected from Greenwood will most likely double. The ambulance crew of 4 works 24 hours-60 hours a week. Beihoffer reports on the well and he took the BOA training.          Ralston-thank you to Pam Lundstrom and crew for work on float, Dave Desannoy- work on the Bocce court, Roth Indihar and Donovan Strong for bringing the fire truck to the parade. Carmen Deluca for the work at the cannisters. Also, a reminder about confidentiality on Maus claim.                    Fire Dept. – 9 fires, 8 EMS, 2 Drills, 1 meeting, 5 training\other. Fire truck to 4th of July parade in Tower, reimbursement complete for EMS\MBFTE. 40th anniversary suggestions. SCBA and boat training. Snowbulance delivery expected 7/26/18. Prohydro Testing company will be here to do testing on SCBA tanks. Turnout gear needed for R Indihar, Belinda Fazio, Kristal Strong.                                 Safety- fire boat training. Fire # are not all visible. Need an ad for correct placement of 911 signs. Motion: Deluca\Beihoffer to place an ad in both newspapers for new, correct placement, and keeping signs visible                             Passed 5/0                                          Clerk-$500.00 received from EMS for reimbursement of funds for fire department communication equipment.

Junk mail is available to view, then will be recycled

Motion: Beihoffer\Tahija to adjourn                        Passed 5/0                          8:05

Sue Drobac                                                                         Mike Ralston

 

Clerk                                                                                      Chair

 

 

BACK TO TOP