48° F

August 2018

GREENWOOD TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING MINUTES

AUGUST 15, 2018                                             6:30 PM

Chair Ralston calls meeting to order

Pledge of Allegiance

Roll call: Chair Ralston, Vice Chair Deluca, P Skubic, L Tahija, B Beihoffer, Treasurer Rodgers, Clerk Drobac

Please turn off all cell phones and pagers. This meeting is being recorded for transcription and archival purposes

Motion: Skubic\Tahija to approve July 10 minutes                             Passed 5/0

Motion: Deluca\Skubic to approve July 24 special meeting minutes           Passed 5/0

Treasurer report: Checking – $251,186.26               Savings – $230,715.29      Long Term Investments – $251,651.27                      Total – $733,351.24

Motion: Beihoffer\Skubic to approve treasurer report                     Passed 5/0

Claims presented

Motion: Ralston\Deluca to approve claims as presented                                Passed 5/0

PUBLIC COMMENT   John Bassing had 2 items. 1st item-training dollars received – money received from the State, for the # of persons on the roster. Also listed are EMR’s on the roster. Claiming of state training dollars without justification is fraud. What will the board do about this? 2nd item- Board sent his question of the fire department as to who went interior ff at fortune bay to Chief Fazio. Fazio replied – he will not give out that information. Ralston said the board does not want to micro manage the fire dept.- the board does not have that information for him (interior ff).  Ralston commented on first item-it will be taken under advisement.                Jarri Ankrum-rec board has put down black dirt by playground and the new benches are on order.  Ankrum handed a letter to the board regarding the recreation area.                    Mary Richard said thank you to the board for having a loan closet and a reminder about the rummage sale. She was also glad for the team effort to water the grass, but wonders about taking a fire truck out of service.                                Pam Lundstrom – on track for the Anniversary and it is under budget.  Barb Lofquist – questions what OSHA requires for interior firefighting. The questions have not been answered. Her opinion is the township does not need a well at the pavilion. Wants to see more public and government getting along.                 Steve Rodgers – congratulated Jarri Ankrum on her letter to the editor.               Thinks people are falling to the dark side.                  Sue Drobac – commented to Steve Rodgers, on his letter to the editor.                    Jeff Hill – candidate for Mayor of Tower – would like Greenwood to have a better working relationship with Tower.

CORRESPONDENCE: Thank you from Immanuel Lutheran Church for use of the Pavilion. Thank you from Mary Richard for the flowers. Letter from Nancy Wagner with suggestions for bettering the pavilion experience. Committee assigned to work on suggestions – Tahija, Beihoffer and clerk. Letter from Greg Archibald, to please keep the recycling at the town hall. Letter from SLC regarding the Comprehensive plan. Facts and findings from SLC for Boomer and Brown\Sill. Legal seminar by Couri \ Ruppe in Cotton on Oct 6. Notice for MAT District meetings. Listing from SLC of permits issued for Greenwood in 1st ½ of 2018. Letter from MN Dept of Administration regarding an open meeting violation by Greenwood supervisory board- The members of the Greenwood Township Board did not comply with MN statutes for open meeting laws. E-mail from Mike Couri with advice for the open meeting law violation. Letter from Julie Fogelberg explaining lodging rent to Dan Carnicom of Gruebens.

OLD BUSINESS

Motion: Ralston\Deluca to table the Jeff Maus grievance until next month             Passed 5/0

Recycling location update- no decision to move. Deluca reported the canisters are changed 3 times a week. Discussion on problems at the site. Discussion on moving the canisters.

Pavilion water – Ongoing discussion. Proposals for what can be done, instead of a well, were asked for.

Kitchen hood cleaning – Look at after the Anniversary picnic

SOG review – yearly review of the policy-board and fire dept to look at

NEW BUSINESS

MAT District meeting – Beihoffer willing to go, Tahija and Deluca possibly

OML – opinion of commissioner – board did not comply with the open meeting law statute

Birch point road damage-after Ralston checked out the road, a letter will be sent to 2 homeowners regarding repair of the road adjacent to their property.                                                                                          Motion: Deluca\Beihoffer to have letters sent to homeowners                        Passed 5/0

Motion: Skubic\Deluca to approve Birch Point road maintenance letter to all residents on Birch Point to maintain their road property, including brushing.            Passed 5/0                                                                        Ralston to check on further maintenance and funding- possible assessing homeowners.

Motion: Beihoffer\Tahija to approve contract with SLC regarding fire protection by Greenwood, for unorganized township 63-15, for $8,000.00                                     Passed 5/0

Motion: Skubic\Tahija to approve Resolution 18-63 for donation to Fire Dept                        Passed 5/0

Motion: Deluca\Tahija to approve dropping insurance for having the playset in the storage building           Passed 5/0

Capital outlay – $ amount to trigger funds to be used from capital funds   — leave as is- no change

Reports: Supervisors: Deluca-new Greenwood signs are up. 911-new numbers given.       Ralston to check on the hall door closer.                        Motion: Deluca\Skubic to put an advisory ad for absentee voting in both papers, starting Sept 15                           Passed 5/0          Beihoffer-Culvert repaired – not blacktopped. Fire Chief: 12 fire calls, 15 EMR calls, 2 drills, 5 training. Received a letter from PERA – N o obligation from Greenwood for pension. Training upcoming. Snowbulance delivered here by Tuesday, to Fortune Bay.  SOG proposed changes. Live burns coming in Sept. Had auto extraction training on 8/15/2018. Inventory has been updated to add boats. EMR training available in fall. Meeting with Breiting on auto aid alarm.  In need of turnout gear.                               Fazio to contact PERA regarding removing \ correction names on list.               Ralston suggested looking at training when going over SOG changes.        Clerk-septic pumped 8/16/2018

Junk mail is available to view, then will be recycled

Motion: Skubic\Beihoffer to adjourn                       Passed 5/0                          8:00 PM

 

Sue Drobac                                                         Mike Ralston

 

Clerk                                                                      Chair

 

 

 

BACK TO TOP